Here at Totally Skin And Beauty, all of our skin treatments are performed in a safe environment with utmost care taken by our Bachelor of Health Science (Dermal Therapies) dermal clinicians. We’re dedicated to maintaining a high standard of care for each of our clients, with personalised consultations and follow ups from your dermal clinician. IPL skin rejuvenation treatments are extremely effective when treating a range of skin concerns and conditions – if you think you could benefit from an IPL laser skin treatment, request a consultation today.
Skin Rejuvenation and Anti-Ageing Treatment
Our skin tells the story of our lives, from laughter lines to sunspots. Constant exposure to the sun and toxins can cause common skin imperfections such as freckles, redness, and uneven skin tone. While ageing is a natural process, many people seek ways to slow the signs of ageing to enjoy smooth, supple skin for longer. For clients seeking a non-invasive treatment with amazing results, IPL offers fantastic results.
What Is IPL?
IPL, or intense pulsed light, emits specific wavelengths of light to be absorbed by haemoglobin (blood) and dark pigment (melanin). The light energy absorbed is converted into heat within the skin. Depending on the target, the heating of the skin triggers various biological changes to occur, eventually resulting in reduction of excess pigment, redness or vessels in the skin, while also stimulating collagen production to help reduce fine lines or wrinkles. In the same way that dark clothing on a sunny day will warm you faster than light clothing, the heat emitted from IPL will be drawn to areas of hyperpigmentation or discolouration and will act to reduce the appearance of these blemishes.
Who Can Have IPL Skin Treatments?
We want all of our clients to look at feel their best, but client safety is our priority. We have compiled a list of potential contraindications so that we can maintain a high standard of clinical safety and continue to provide exceptional beauty treatments to our clients.
- Clients that are willing to use sunscreen and other sun protective practices before, during and after treatment.
- Clients that are not sun burnt or tanned (natural, solarium or spray tan)
- Clients that have prepped their skin as directed by the dermal clinician if required.
- Clients that have had a test patch performed and undergone a consultation with Totally Skin and Beauty’s dermal clinicians.
- Clients that are not pregnant, breastfeeding, actively attempting to become pregnant or using photosensitising medications.
IPL Solutions To Ageing:
- Diminishing or lightening of age spots or sunspots, or brown blotches and discolouration on the face, neck, hands, chest, and other areas of the body.
- Reducing or correcting rosacea, redness, and dilated or broken blood vessels.
- Minimise redness and flushing.
- Improve uneven skin texture or complexion through collagen stimulation
For more information regarding our IPL skin rejuvenation treatments, contact our team and arrange a consultation. Our qualified clinicians can discuss your needs with you to determine the best possible solution, ensuring you get professional advice and the treatment that suits you.