IPL SKIN TREATMENTS
Here at Totally Skin And Beauty, all of our skin treatments are performed in a safe environment with utmost care taken by our Bachelor of Health Science (Dermal Therapies) dermal clinicians. We’re dedicated to maintaining a high standard of care for each of our clients, with personalised consultations and follow ups from your dermal clinician. IPL skin rejuvenation treatments are extremely effective when treating a range of skin concerns and conditions – if you think you could benefit from an IPL laser skin treatment, request a consultation today.
IPL SKIN TREATMENT
Our IPL, the M22 by Lumenis, has been personally selected by our dermal clinicians and directors.
What Can IPL Skin Treatments Target?
• Pigmentation – freckles, age spots, sun spots, mottled skin appearance and sun damage
• Vascular concerns – facial redness, ‘broken capillaries’, ‘spider veins’, and rosacea
• Ageing – ‘photo rejuvenation’
How Does it Work?
Specific wavelengths of light emitted from the IPL are absorbed by haemoglobin (blood) and dark pigment (melanin), using the principle of select photothermolysis which is the same reason the sun warms you up in darker clothing more than lighter colours. The light energy absorbed is converted into heat within the skin. Depending on the target, the heating of the skin triggers various biological changes to occur, eventually resulting in reduction of excess pigment, redness or vessels in the skin, while also stimulating collagen production.
Who Can Have IPL Skin Treatments?
• Clients that are willing to use sunscreen and other sun protective practices before, during and after treatment.
• Clients that are not sun burnt or tanned (natural, solarium or spray tan)
• Clients that have prepped their skin as directed by the dermal clinician if required.
• Clients that have had a test patch performed and undergone a consultation with our dermal clinician
• Clients that are not pregnant, breastfeeding, actively attempting to become pregnant or using photosensitising medications.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Depending on the skin condition being treated, you may need one or several treatments to reach the desired outcome. An approximate number of treatments will be discussed with you in your IPL consultation.
What to Expect After Treatments
Immediately after IPL skin rejuvenation you are likely to experience mild to moderate flushing, swelling and sunburn-like appearance to the skin in the first 24-48 hours. Especially when treating freckles, sun spots and age spots, superficial crusting is an expected outcome and will resolve within a number of days after the treatment. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the clinic for further information.
For more information regarding our IPL skin rejuvenation treatments, contact our team and arrange a consultation. Our qualified clinicians can discuss your needs with you to determine the best possible solution, ensuring you get professional advice and the treatment that suits you.